Which Mailing Software Platform Offers a Right-Sized Solution for My Business?
Organizations that rely on direct mail to communicate with customers have to navigate a complex business landscape. Reliably sending out hundreds of items of mail in an organized way is a significant challenge for even mid-sized or small businesses.
When recipients move, mail becomes undeliverable. When bills don’t arrive on time, cash flow suffers. Well-known direct mail mistakes can hamper the otherwise highly reputable direct mail market you seek to connect with.
Reputable manufacturers offer numerous mailing software solutions designed to minimize risk and maximize direct mail efficiency. But organizations have a clear need to reduce exposure when procuring new equipment as well. Finding the right-sized mailing software is of critical importance in this environment.
Choosing Between Mailing Software Solution Options
Pitney Bowes is a global tech manufacturer that specializes in mailing hardware and software solutions for business. It serves the needs of small businesses, enterprises, and government institutions alike.
The size of an organization heavily influences the concerns its stakeholders are likely to have concerning mailing software solutions. The needs of a small business executive are far different than those of a government administrator.
Pitney Bowes mailing software includes solutions suited to meeting small business needs and equipment designed for the largest-volume workflows in the direct mail industry. A variety of mailing software services ensure that every organization can find the right-sized option to address its concerns.
Simple Small Business Mailing Software
Startups and small businesses don’t need to dedicate precious man-hours to manually weighing, tracking, and postage processes. Pitney Bowes SendPro online mail and shipping solution is ideally suited for small businesses that seek to avoid large financial outlays, but need to improve efficiency.
The software is the simplest and most affordable option in the Pitney Bowes lineup. It allows users to print their own shipping labels, weigh packages, track items online, and even streamline payments.
Address Correction. Businesses that rely on mail need to have systems in place for correcting addresses and reducing undeliverable parcels. SendPro includes automatic address verification capabilities.
Additionally, SendPro users save $0.03 on every stamp they print. Some users are eligible for special UPS discounts, including up to 18% off on UPS Next Day Air shipments.
The result is a manageable, easy-to-use interface for consolidating shipping costs and processes. SendPro users enjoy the flexibility and agility that startups and small businesses need.
Solutions for Mail-Intensive Businesses
Established businesses that rely on physical mail packaging, like e-commerce stores, need a more powerful software system for managing customer data. Pitney Bowes serves mail-intensive small business needs with its SendSuite Software solutions
This mailing software solution offers improved address management like SendPro. It allows users to put systems in place for improving the your parcel shipping operation:
- Simplified Rate Shopping. When shipping parcels, system provide rate shopping screens and auto-default to least costly, or let operators decide. Includes taking into account delivery time needs
- Integrate with your e-commerce site and ERP system. Send Suite platform is used by many companies as their front-end e-commerce rating system, and ties in with your accounting systems for instant updates and supporting client service team with shipment info
- Self Auditing of Carrier performance. All shipments should eb there on time or you should receive credits for the costs of shipping. SendSuite will do this auditing for you, savings significant $ versus not doing or using third party to audit
- Elimination of many of the Carrier Accessorial fees. Estimates are 15-20% of revenues for carriers like UPS and FedEx come form these fees SendSuite helps to eliminate and lower your costs
ConnectRight Mailer for Mass Mailing
Larger organizations with more complex mailing needs need to look no further than ConnectRight Mailer. This mailing software solution includes everything that makes ConnectRight Basic such a useful tool for address organization and adds new features.
- Real-Time Move Update. ConnectRight Mailer users can implement proactive tools for updating addresses in real-time using a full-service National Change of Address (NCOA) link provided by the USPS.
- CASS and PAVE Certification. Third-party certification allows ConnectRight Mailer to correct spelling errors, add missing postal data, and sort address lists according to the lowest possible postal rates.
- Postal Reports. ConnectRight Mailer users can generate USPS documentation directly from the software, significantly reducing manual report generation.
- TrackMyMail Functionality. Use ConnectRight Mailer’s TrackMyMail functionality to automatically generate performance metrics for direct mailing efforts. Use this data to drive mail-related decision-making and improve profits.
Invest in Mailing Software Services to Improve Efficiency
Making the most of your mailing processes requires investing in tools and solutions that streamline processes and reduce errors. Mailing software is just one part of the puzzle, which includes postage meter hardware, folder inserters, and more.
Working with a reputable managed service vendor with experience helping organizations optimize mailroom efficiency can generate significant value. Rely on proven methods for bringing mail processes up-to-date with the latest technology on the market, delivered by experienced technicians.
Find the right-sized mailing software solution for your business today. Speak to a Kelley Connect mailing process expert to get started!